moving in

Title Companies
In Tennessee these are the people that prepare your new deed and make sure all the paperwork is done correctly and filed in the right place. I use Judy Findley at Executive Real Estate Title. 865-539-3169. Judy does 'good deeds' every day.


Now that you've bought that house here's the phone numbers of some folks you'll need to talk to soon. To obtain utilities you'll need identification, such as a driver's license, and a sales contract, closing statement, or lease.

Jim Lee, Certified Residential Specialist
(865) 693-3232
Just in case you haven't bought a home to connect any utilities to yet.

Homeowners Insurance
You'll need a policy before closing. I recommend you check with the following  agent; she does an excellent job.
Karen Emmert
Allstate Insurance Company

It's not a bad idea to have the locks changed in your new house. You never know how many keys are floating around 'out there', remove the uncertainty and have all the locks keyed alike so you'll only have to carry one house key.
Larry's Locks & Keys
"Complete Locksmith Service At Your Door"
Licensed, Bonded, Insured

Home Inspectors
Home Inspectors
A good home inspector is a must. I use Larry Fowler, Guardian Home Inspections for all my real estate purchases; he does an excellent job at a reasonable fee.
Larry's cell # 865-705-1926

Knoxville Utilities Board, gas and electric service
(865) 524-2911
You can apply by phone, $20.00 service charge, 1 day notice to connect (not including weekends.

Lenoir City Utility Board, electric service for West Knoxville
(865) 986-6591
You can apply at their branch office at 501 North Cedar Bluff Road. $25.00 application fee, identification such as driver's license, and a letter of credit from your previous utility or a $100 deposit.

West Knox Utility Distinct, water service for West Knoxville
(865) 690-2521
Primarily serves Cedar Bluff, Karns, and Solway areas. 2328 Lovell Road, apply in person, identification, sales contract or closing statement, and $20.00 service charge. 1 days notice to connect.

1st Utility District, water service primarily for Farragut area
(865) 966-9741
122 Durwood Road (just off Kingston Pike 2 blocks West of Pellissippi Parkway) Apply in person, $30.00 service charge, 1 days notice. If new home they require builder's name and lot number as well as street address.

Hallsdale Powell Utility Distinct, most of North Knoxville
(865) 922-7547
3745 Cunningham Road. Apply in person, need sales contract or closing statement, $10.00 service charge, 1 days notice.

Bell South, Telephone service
One call does it all.

TDS Telecom, serving Farragut
(865) 671-2100
Just call and talk to a service representative

Tennessee Telephone Company, serving Halls
(865) 922-3535
Once call to a service representative

Citizen's Communications, serving Powell
This number is for their service center in New York which handles all applications.

Driver's License Examining Station
(865) 966-4350
Licenses are issued for 5 year periods expiring on your birthday. Initial cost is anywhere from $12.50 to $26.50 depending on your date of birth.

Car Registration and license tags
(865) 215-2385
Bring current registration and name and address of any lienholders or the title if paid for. Initial cost is $31.00 and $23.00 per year thereafter.

Voter Registration, don't forget to re-register to vote
(865) 521-2480
You must be at least 18 years of age and a Tennessee resident for at least 20 days.

Main Post Office
(865) 558-4528

This is the State of Tennessee's official web site, Tennessee eGovernment. This will answer most questions you might have about schools, government, state parks, and most anything else connected with state government. If you can't find what your looking for here give me a call or 
e mail
and I'll get it for you."


Guest Book

Realty Executives Associates
Jim Lee
10255 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37922
(865) 693-3232
Toll Free 1-800-662-2488


{Site Index}


Web Site by PegasusWeb
Copyright 2010